Book a private group tour for your own walk or ride, guide, and rhythm. Your dedicated time in Montreal is even more exciting with a custom city tour.
- Montreal Underground City
- Old Montreal
- Quartier des Spectacles (Festival & Arts Quarter)
- Passenger All Ages
Montreal’s Underground City Indoor Tour
A 100% indoor tour around the best spots of the Montreal Underground City, finishing at the top of Montreal’s tallest lookout!
- Discover this must-see underground network of Montreal with a local so you don’t get lost.
- 100% indoor walk – the perfect way to stay active on those cold Montreal days.
- Learn why this network is so vital to Montreal’s economy and be surprised by the amount of hidden art.
- Ride Montreal’s 1960s Metro system and discover some of the famous public art inside its stations.
- Finish with an unparalleled view of Montreal at the 185m (607 feet) observation deck of the 360° Observatoire (value of $20).
What to expect
- What you’ll see
You’ll walk through tunnels, emerge to beautiful atrium views, admire (or critique) public art, pass an ice skating rink the middle of a food court, ride Montreal’s Metro, and even discover how a mall was constructed underneath a church placed upon stilts. Along the way, you’ll learn why the Montreal Underground City network is so vital to the city’s economy.
- The finishing touch
The tour ends with an unparalleled view of Montreal at the 360° Observatoire Place Ville Marie where you’ll ride the elevator up to the 46th floor. Observe the Saint Lawrence River, Mount Royal, Old Montreal, Quartier des spectacles, the Olympic Stadium tower to name a few, and your guide will be right there with you to point out the most interesting sights and neighbourhoods. A $20 value included in your ticket!
- Best activity for a cold day
On those cold wintry days, you’ll be happy to be warm inside discovering a whole new world – or underworld – of Montreal, and be thankful not to get lost down there on your own.
Here are some highlights from this Montreal Underground City Tour
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel
Where John Lennon & Yoko Ono held their famous Bed-In for Peace in 1969.
- 360° Observatory at Place Ville Marie
A guided visit to Montreal’s highest lookout point (45th story) is included in your ticket! You will see Mont-Royal, the Old Port, the St. Lawrence River, and much more.
- Gare Centrale (Montreal’s Central Train Station)
This 1940s-built rail station is Canada’s second busiest. Discover Canadian-themed public art on its walls.
- Atrium 1000 Indoor Skating Rink
A skating rink in the middle of a food court? Yes, only in Canada.
- Place Des Arts
Home to multiple theatres, events, and festivals year-round. You will also encounter interactive multimedia art!
- Section of the Berlin Wall
Like Old Quebec City, Old Montreal used to be completely fortified. Learn why this section of the Berlin Wall lies here today.
- A ride on Montreal’s Metro
Montreal’s 1960s Metro System is a must-see. The stations are all unique and filled with public art. You will ride one stop to get a taste!
- Complexe Desjardins
Why would we take you inside a mall? To see Montreal’s highest and impressive water fountain!
- Christ Church Catherdral
Learn about the innovative way this church raised funds in a time of need, by leasing out the land underneath it.
Where to Meet
This walking tour meets in the lobby of the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel, 900 René-Lévesque Blvd W, Downtown Montreal.
- Walking distance of many Montreal hotels
- 5-minute indoor walk from METRO BONAVENTURE