This tour takes you to popular Montreal street art locations in the hip and artsy Plateau neighbourhood to discover some of the best urban murals in the city.
- Old Montreal
- Old Port
- Notre-Dame Basilica
Walk Around Old Montreal
This intimate and personalized walk is the perfect experience to begin your Montreal visit. Discover Old Montreal in a small group with Fitz.
- Explore cobblestoned streets, pass centuries-old British & French architectural gems, and catch views of ships at the dock.
- Visit the must-see Notre-Dame Basilica, Montreal’s decorative Neo-Gothic Church (entrance & skip-the-line access included).
- Learn how Old Montreal and its St. Lawrence River Port were the most important and wealthy parts of Canada for over 300 years.
- Feel how the area has evolved into the dynamic and thriving (but less industrial) riverfront neighbourhood it is today.
- Enjoy a personalized experience – each guide has their own favorite spots and stories and will tailor their tour to you and the small group.
What to expect
- The right pace
Be prepared to be wowed by the narrow streets of Old Montreal by exploring on foot, at a nice relaxed pace.
- You’ll be in good hands
Leave your guidebook and tuck away your phone (except for photos!); your guide will show you around this masterpiece of a slice of Europe in North America.
- Space to connect and explore
Your small group will provide a more intimate experience with your guide to go up, down, over, and under to see less-obvious sights and hidden perspectives of Montreal’s charming historic quarter.
- Tips for your stay in Montreal
As you walk, feel free to poke your head into restaurants, galleries, bars, or shops as we pass by to take note for later pleasures. Your guide will be happy to share their recommendations and favourite spots.
- The must-see Basilica
We include entrance & skip-the-line access to the beautiful Neo-Gothic Notre-Dame Basilica, a must-see for every visitor to Montreal.
Highlights of this tour
- Place Jacques Cartier
Visit Old Montreal’s main public square, its former outdoor marketplace.
- Hotel de Ville (City Hall)
One of Old Montreal’s most beautiful buildings, where French General Charles de Gaulle gave his famous 1967 speech.
- Old Port
You will have wonderful views of Montreal’s Old Port and the massive fast-flowing St. Lawrence River. Learn about things to do in this area.
- Old Montreal’s cobblestone streets
Your guide will take you on their favourite charming streets!
- Notre-Dame Basilica
Your guide will take you inside this spectacular Church! Admission is included, and you will skip the line! ($7+ value)
- Royal Bank Building & Crew Café
Be mesmerized by one of the most beautiful cafés you have seen, inside a 1920s grand former bank.
- Personalized Stops
Let your guide know what you are interested in seeing and they will do their best to work your theme into the tour! Grab a coffee or snack if you’d like!
Where to Meet
This walking tour meets at Café Olimpico at the William Gray Hotel, 419 St Vincent St, Old Montreal. Arrive early to grab a coffee or snack!
- 5-minute walk from METRO PLACE D’ARMES
- 5-10-minute taxi ride from Downtown